Monday 23 July 2012

The Goal of DIY Nails Blog

Good afternoon! Now that I'm starting to get a few followers and have a few more posts up, I just wanted to emphasize what exactly this blog is about.

I did NOT create this blog to brag about the hundreds of polishes I have, and all the fabulous and complicated designs I can do with my nails. Don't get me wrong, I love looking at blogs like that and I commend anyone who can do those!  However, I've noticed that something important is missing from the blog world; practicality and simplicity, especially when it comes to nail designs! I realize that not everyone has the money to go out and spend $10 to $20 on every nail polish bottle they buy, and then buy 10 or 15 at a time. It's just not practical! So many nail polish blogs have hundreds of colours in their arsenal of polish, and I am more than jealous of them! But like many other people, I can't spend that much money on polish, and I don't have the time to do a different complicated design and then blog about it everyday.

Like those other blogs, I do have a passion for great nails. But the main focus of this blog is on practicality. I want my posts to be something EVERYONE can do, not just a select few. The focus of DIY Nails is just that; something you can do yourself at home! I want to share tips that I have learned that makes doing your nails easier, and gets you better results at home. I want beginners to be able to relate as well as those who are more skilled at nail design. I want this to be a place where everyone can get useful tips, and get cool ideas on how to do their nails.

I want this blog to show everyone that you don't need to spend a lot of money to get great nails! You can still look fabulous using what you have at home :) Nail design meets practicality!

1 comment:

  1. Couldn't agree more. I don't own many expensive polishes, and the couple that I do own were bought on ebay, VERY cheaply. Most of mine were purchased at around 35p - 99p so I can empathize with your jealousy of others with trillions of expensive polishes in every colour available! Even my nail art were only 99p each and I only own 3 and most glitters I use are from my daughters craft box! So I for one am glad to see someone else showing us nice polishes/nail art for people on a budget :)

    ReplyDelete